Search This Blog

Thursday, September 24, 2015

A Farewell to Summer

Ok, we all know that I love summer. No, I mean REALLY LOVE summer. The sunshine, the heat, swimming, shorts, sandals. I want it all year long. Temperatures are still relatively warm here in Colorado for now but I'm already dreading the long long winter ahead. I wanted to take some time and look back at this especially gorgeous past summer.... just some odds and ends that never made it into the blog:
One of my absolute favorite things to do is take the poodles on long walks around the neighborhood. A frequent stop for us is this incredible rose garden. Always take time to stop and smell the roses!

Oh Pierre, you're just too much - look at him posing! "Lights, camera, and me without a stitch of makeup."

And little CB. This was right before his summer haircut... which helped to keep him cool.

Another view of the rose garden.

So pretty!

Look at this little fella! We see him a lot as we pass his yard, and he always wants to say hello.

Sunset pool is the best!! I pretty much went here every Sunday for the entire summer. They have adult swim from 10-1 and there were never many people there.

Oh, did I mention that they have 2 amazing water slides?! They do.

Hands down my favorite poolside read of the summer. It's about a young woman in early 70s that moves to Florida and gets a job as a Weeki Wachee mermaid!! I know.

I fell in love with this serape inspired suit.

Brent worked over the majority of our summer weekends but he did make it to the pool with me once or twice.

Coffee and grahams for breakfast in the tiki room. (Look at those amazing Disneyland trashcan salt and pepper shakers that I got last year!!)

Whiskey release party at Spirit Hound distillery in Lyons. So delish.

Elitch Gardens for our anniversary. This day was perfection.
And just about 2 weeks ago, I was crowned Miss Modernism at the Denver Modernism Expo!! Oh my gosh it was so much fun, the other girls were so beautiful and talented, I really couldn't believe it when they called my name as the winner. I won a trip to Palm Springs for Modernism week in February, $500 to spend at the expo, and... most importantly... a sash and tiara that I got to wear for the rest of the weekend. I'm planning to do a whole post on this so I can share the goodies I picked up!























1 comment:

  1. Oh..what a nice group of photos showing some of your favorite things for summer!

    Gardens are lovely, and I think the Swim to Me book would be fun to read since it is about the Florida that I remember from that time. Of course, there was Silver Springs, Alligator Parks, & the Daytona Boardwalk.

    Congrats again on winning Miss Modernism for Denver! Really like the sarape inspired swimsuit.

    ReplyDelete