Search This Blog

Sunday, June 28, 2015

Sewing Review: Vogue V8811



Vogue V8811 is from the Vintage Vogue collection, an original 1940 design. It has 2 variations, this review is for version B.

Let's start off by saying that I'm really happy with how this turned out! It's just a great summer dress, appropriate for work but also fun for going out. My only complaint is that the neck opening is a little tight. Definitely put your makeup on before the dress :)
Construction: This was very beginner friendly! Everything came together so nicely and quick, I made this in about a day. The only semi-tricky part for me was putting that side zipper in for some reason. It doesn't go all the way to the top of the sleeve so that was a new technique for me.
The Fit: I LOVE the way this fits me! I made the smallest size and it was perfect, I wouldn't change a thing about that. I will say though, the smallest size claims to be a 29.5" bust with 22" waist and I'm really closer to 32" bust and 23-24" waist.
Cute little keyhole back... closed with hook and eye.
The Fabric: I found this fun floral fabric and it really reminded me of an early 40s, late 30s print so I thought it would pair nicely with this pattern. It's cotton, but a bit thicker than what I'm used to which actually works well as it holds those sleeves in place quite nicely.
Close up of side zip. It doesn't go all the way up to the top of the sleeve which made it a little difficult to insert for me.
Alterations: I kept the pattern as is but did put in one pocket on the side opposite the zipper.

Hehe. Ignore my annoyed face please!
Overall, I'm really happy with the pattern but, I just don't know if I'll make another one. It's just a bit difficult to put on and take off which is a big con for me. It fits so nice though and I've worn it several times already this summer!

3 comments:

  1. You are MAGICAL. That dress is gorgeous. How do you do that voodoo?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like the color, style, & print of the dress! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete