Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Laissez les Bon Temps Rouler!

It's Mardi Gras everyone - wahoo!! I have really fallen in love with this somewhat under appreciated festival. I just love the vibrant colors, costumes, and of course, brass band music. Here are some of my favorite Mardi Gras/New Orleans related memories:

A few years ago, some of my friends from Hawaii had a reunion in New Orleans during Mardi Gras. It. Was. Amazing. We hope to do it again!

John, Maggie, and me. Note the Mardi Gras shot glass suspenders on my friend John. Genius.

Maggie and I visited a Mardi Gras museum and I just loved this old photo.



And here are a few shots from Port Orleans French Quarter, where we stayed on our honeymoon:

Love the wrought iron

View from our room.

The boat is right nearby!

And of course, the fanciest place to be in all of Disneyland... Club 33, in New Orleans Square. Now, I have never had the pleasure of dining there... but I do make it a point to get my photo taken by the door for every trip.


And lastly, I haven't shared my photos from New Years yet (though I do have some blogs planned related to my resolutions/goals), but we went to a fabulous Mardi Gras themed party:
Sue and me, in our masks.

Sue's Hubby, Jon. Oh and yes, that's 3 glasses of champagne in my hands.

So what are your Mardi Gras plans? It's a time to go all out you know! Sue and I are going to an 8 course meal at one of our favorite restaurants. Well, guess there's just one thing left to say:
Cheers and laissez les bon temps rouler!


No comments:

Post a Comment