Search This Blog

Saturday, October 4, 2014

Chicago visit

As the summer is coming to a close, I am taking some time to reflect on the wonderful trips I was able to take during these past few fabulous warm months. In July, my dear friend Sue and I flew to Chicago for a long weekend to visit my sister.
Sue and Kelly, ready for a night on the town


Here we all are in our best tiki outfits. I really wanted to check out Three Dots and a Dash, a Chicago tiki bar recommended to me by many. I was not disappionted.
I got the signature drink and it was delicious! Can we talk about how amazing this tiki mug is?! I mean... a sea urchin... genius. I'm still mad at myself for not buying one.

Look at how adorable the center pieces are! And that great menu in the background.

The ladies.

All of the drinks got an A+ for presentation.

Look at that stirrer... more on that later.

Ignore the crazy eyes. As always, it's difficult to get a good pic in a tiki bar.

More drinks.

And yet another.

We only had two each... I promise!

How amazing are these custom stirrers?! I kept one of the mermaids.

Later in the night we had the best coconut mojitos EVER at a place called Havanas.

We spent the next day enjoying the sunshine, shopping, and eating treats like this delicious and beautiful almond cookie.

Beach time!


Fun in the sun :)

Ahhh what a lovely day!

The next day we went to a science museum because I wanted to see the Disney exhibit... however when we go there we found it that is was about 4x more expensive than we had thought. We decided to stick around and peruse the free things :) Here is Sue on our tour of the train.

Maybe next time :)

Enjoying the outside and dipping our feet in a cool fountain.
 A few weeks later, my sister was able to come out to Colorado for a weekend. Here are just a few pics from that:
Sue and I at Oscar Blues

Cheese Importers

Another Cheese Importers pic... this place is just too adorable.

1 comment:

  1. All three of you look beautiful! Know you had a great time both in Chicago and in Denver!

    ReplyDelete