Search This Blog

Loading...

Sunday, March 2, 2014

February Recap

I don't know about you but I'm sure daydreaming about the warm Summer sunshine. February brought us a few nice days here in Denver but right now we are having some very chilly temperatures and overcast skies. Luckily, the forecast will be warming up starting tomorrow for a lovely looking week.

This month has been another whirlwind, but here are a few fun things:
Here is the Valentine's card that I sent to Hubby. Yes, we live at the same address but I work in Loveland... they have a fun Valentine mailing program that involves the stamps shown on the envelope. Read more about it here. The beautiful Valentine postcard is from the lovely Johanna. I also bought another style to send out to my sister! The heart ornament in the corner came from this free pattern on Ravelry. They were SO MUCH fun to make!
Hubby surprised me with live orchids, a box of Ferrero Rocher, and a bottle of champagne. Live flowers are such a wonderful thing and really... chocolate plus bubbly always makes me happy.
As you can see, I couldn't stop making these adorable crocheted hearts:) I used up two skeins of random leftover yarn until I ran out. Now I fear that I'll want to make garland for every holiday... anyone know a good Mardi Gras crochet pattern?


Trader Joe's opened up this month!!!! It is literally 5 blocks from our house and I'm so happy to be able to purchase TJ items once more. This place has been such a zoo... people driving from all over Colorado to get their hands on some Two-Buck Chuck. The craziness has calmed down somewhat since then but the weekends are still a bit of a madhouse. And opening weekend... jeez... there were multiple switchbacks in the line to get checked out. It was worse than Peter Pan's Flight during the busy season at Disney World! Maybe Trader Joe's will get a FastPass system:)

Lastly, I haven't had a lot of time for personal knitting/crocheting projects since I've been so busy with work crochet (more on that to come!). However, I did whip up these striped sweaters for the dogs this month, it has been so cold and they were due for a haircut soon....
I wanted to use up two skeins of KnitPicks Wool of the Andes so I decided on a simple, striped look with collar and sleeves to help keep them warm. I just sort of knitted these, not using a pattern. They turned out pretty well and were really quick to make!

Pierre

C.B.
Let's hope that March brings a bit of warm weather to us, I really miss walking the dogs every day.

3 comments:

  1. The fact that you can "just sort of knit these, not using a pattern" is like saying you "just sort of built this house, without looking at the instructions". YOUARESOTALENTED!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA! Oh... I didn't mention that I did just sort of build our house too?! Um kidding... I couldn't wire a lamp if my life depended on it. By the way, there's a good chance I might be in Chicago for July 4th weekend :)

    ReplyDelete