Search This Blog

Monday, December 17, 2012

Good Tidings of Comfort and Cheer

Oh my how this month has flown by, it's nearly Christmas! Here is a recap of some of my holiday festivities thus far.
Mimosas in the afternoon during Thanksgiving dinner preparation

Our feast: Mushroom gravy, mashed potatoes, Hawaiian sweet rolls, cranberry sauce, Tofurkey with veggies, sweet corn, and of course, wine!

Hubby diggin' in

Sweet Potato Pie
Later on in the week we drove down to the Cincinnati Zoo's Festival of lights, it was so darling!! This is my (gulp) FIFTH Christmas in Cinci and I had never made it to the zoo lights before. 
Hubby was excited

Here is one of the mountain lions... Here Kitty, Kitty!

Friendly little fellow, isn't he?!

I really do have a way with animals, don't I :)  For those of you that haven't realized it yet, there is a glass panel separating the large cat from my grabby little hands.

The park really was wonderful in the dark.  It did the trick to put me in the Christmas spirit.  We sipped on hot cocoa (with a dash of Kahlua and Peppermint Schnapps) as we walked around.

A bit of holiday kitsch... flamingoes!

This section of the park was all decorated in purple and pink lights, it was delightfully girlish.
After the zoo we came home to add some holiday decor (or as I like to call it, Holi-decor) to our own apartment.
Clearly I did most of the work

White Christmas was playing in the background

Here's the final product.  Even the Tiki bar got some lights this year :)









What are you doing to enjoy the holiday season?  Baking cookies, sipping eggnog, night time light walks??

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful Christmas season so far!

    Visiting a zoo during Dec is so much fun!

    Your apartment looks so festive! The lights on the tiki bar really add to the holiday decorations!

    ReplyDelete