Search This Blog

Monday, September 24, 2012

Honeymoon Day 6

On our sixth and final day of the honeymoon, we drove to Keystone Heights to visit my grandparents, aunt and uncle, and their girls. 

Here we are with my grandparents at my aunt's house.  We were surprised with a beautiful frame complete with a personalized name plate that also had the wedding date that was written in "Disney font".  What an incredibly thoughtful present!

The frame, isn't it nice?!  We just received our wedding photos a few weeks ago and I am still deciding which one to use.


Hubby and I brought down a fun photo frame for our grandparents, he we are showing off our presents.


Two of my cousins and their friends


We all went over to our Grandparent's place where they had a delicious spread for us, we ate away and they surprised us with a very sentimental present.

I immediately recognized these Chef Mickey serving utensils!  My grandparents had these when I was a little kid and I had always loved them. 

The design of Classic Chef Mickey is just darling, you can't find these treasures anymore and I will cherish them forever.  We also had a chance to sit down and look at my Grandparent's scrap book of Walt Disney World memorabilia including original A-E ticket books, opening pamphlets, and retired attraction tickets.

It was a trip I will always cherish and I have to admit, I was quite sad to be flying home... with the excitement of the wedding over as well.  When we drove back to Hubby's parents' place, they must have know we would need one more surprise :)
How unbelievably sweet!  They had a lovely tent set up for our return.  We celebrated one more night with champagne and sushi... doesn't get much better than that.


Here are a few more shots that I took the next morning of the tent and the gorgeous surrounding flowers:





Well that was the end of our honeymoon but I still have a few more posts to go so stay tuned!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, so great to see these pictures of you, Brent, Grandma and Grandpa! Excellent blog! Just now catching up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh...what a great blog for the last day of your Honeymoon!

    Especially like the pic of you, Brent, and your Grandparents!

    The Disney photo frame is so perfect -- font for wording is just right!

    I remember the Disney utensils and know your Grandmother really wanted you to have them. They are very retro. I had some but dropped them and broke the handles.

    Nice of Brent's parents to give you one final celebration before you returned home!

    ReplyDelete