Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Cocktails and quiche

I wanted to share these quick, easy recipes that Hubby and I enjoyed on Sunday evening:

For cocktails, we had Brut Blanc de Blancs with St. Germain and a bit of orange. This is just one of my favorites! I love champagne cocktails and the addition of St. Germain adds such a smooth taste to the flavor. I think it might be better with lemon instead of an orange slice but we were all out. Either way... a delicious drink... though it goes down a little too easy!


For dinner I made us a quiche filled with veggies from the fridge that we desperately needed to use up! For the crust, I used this recipe for pâte brisée. This will not be nearly as dry and crumbly as a traditional pie crust when you first mix it together but it rolls out like a dream and is very flaky and delicious when it bakes.
For veggies, I put in about 1 1/2 cup of broccoli florets, 4 or 5 sweet peppers and one small onion. Also for seasoning and flavor, I added rosemary, basil, black pepper and smoked cheddar cheese.

I used a very basic custard recipe from my Quiche and Souffle cookbook:
- 1 cup table cream (I substituted 1/2 cup skim milk and 1/2 cup half and half
- 1 whole egg
- 2 egg yolks
- pinch of salt, cayenne, nutmeg

2 comments:

  1. You amaze me with all that you can do!

    Cocktails are inviting and so in trend.

    Quiche is one of my fav foods and yours looks delicious! Looks great on your new dishes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're quiche looks delicious. I am looking forward to trying your french crust. Thanks for sharing the recipe. I would of never thought of trying this.

    ReplyDelete