Search This Blog

Thursday, June 7, 2012

1940s Bachelorette Party: Picture Heavy

A few weekends ago my sister and a few close friends threw me the most amazing bachelorette party a gal could ever hope for. Everyone was instructed to don their best 1940's look for the evening and the ladies were so lovely! They took me to the Hilton hotel downtown... we were staying there for the night as a surprise!!! How fun, I've blogged about how this art deco haven is my favorite stop for a drink. Anyway, I'll let the pictures tell the story:

When I got up to the room I was suprised again as they ladies had decorated the place in wonderful old adverts and created a fancy bar equipped with ingredients for fancy drinks!






They also set up a delicious spread of snacks to keep us sustained for the afternoon... YUM!






Even the bathrooms were fancy in this place.

There was, of course, a gorgeous vanity to help us ladies get ready for the evening festivities.
Here I am doing my sister's hair...





Isn't she pretty?!

I received these wonderful martini glasses as a gift and then I put them to good use:







After cocktails we made our way to Arnold's for dinner in the private "bath tub room"





Midway through the night my sister pulled out a fun game and I had the fun task of giving out awards to the ladies:
  • The Bette (Davis) - most authentic
  • THe Ingrid (Bergman) - most romantic
  • The Lauren (Bacall) - most sexy (sexiest?)
  • THe Ginger (Rogers) - most coordinated
  • The Judy (Garland) - most colorful
And then she gave me the "Minnie Mouse" award for the "Movie Star of Honor".  Haha!  What a cute idea!
And yes there is an actual bathtub in the "bathtub room" at Arnold's.  It really is one of the neatest old bars/restaurants I've ever been to.

Later we moved down stairs to listen to the band and share some creme brulee (cracking into it together was fun!).

Finally we were on our way to Japp's to enjoy some drinks and dancing:


Meanwhile, during all of our womanly fun, the boys had been having a good ol' time eating steaks, drinking whiskey and smoking cigars at their bachelor party.  Don't worry, they couldn't stay away from us for too long.  The guys stopped by Japp's for a bit of fun and then we went our separate ways... what an amazing evening!



The next morning we were treated to a delicious breakfast at the Hilton so I had one more excuse to enjoy my favorite location.  I enjoyed coffee with a croissant and fruit (amond other things)... delicious! 

I loved these chairs in the lobby, how luxurious!!


I am one happy bride-to-be!

3 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a wonderful night. Nice job to the party planners!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply fabulous!!!

    You all look so pretty decked out in your retro outfits & hairdos!!

    Even Arnold's and the Hilton look like the 40s!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish I could have been there!!!

    ReplyDelete