Search This Blog

Friday, March 23, 2012

Sunny Skies: Eyecandy and Sunscreen



Source: Millie Motts. Oh doesn't this just make you long for the beach! It would feel so nice to be basking on a towel and pushing your toes into the cool sand.

With the warm weather and sunny days quickly approaching, it’s time to find a suitable facial sunscreen to protect against the elements. I love my Estee Lauder Daywear for use under my makeup but an SPF of 15 just isn’t going to cut it while I’m out and about in the summer.
My new facial sunscreen MUST:
  • Have at least SPF 30
  • Act as a moisturizer
  • Not cause clogged pores or break outs
And ideally I would also love:
  • The lotion to act as a primer
  • Anti-aging/wrinkle/ protection from the elements
After a trip to Sephora and a chat with one of the ladies there, I took home 3 different samples and will be trying them out (note... I did NOT realize how expensive these were until I looked them up for this post... yikes!)
  1. Peter Thomas Roth Max Sheer Moisture SPF 30 (Price $42 for 1.7oz)
  2. “Philosophy Oil-Free Moisturizer with Sunscreen”: I think this is the Hope Oil-free SPF 30 but unfortunately the woman didn’t label the package very well. (Price: $39 for 2.0 oz)
  3. Shiseido Urban Environment Oil-Free UV-Protection for Face (water resistant sunscreen SPF 42 PA+++). Price $30 for 1.0oz
It will take me a little while to give these a try as I will only be using them on the weekends for now (when I need the extra sun protection).
The blue skies and sunshine have gotten me so excited about summertime... my favorite! The feel of sandals and sundresses with no stockings... heaven! And now I will leave you with these gorgeous and inspiring photos to feast your eyes on. (source: Life Archives)







1 comment:

  1. I agree with your tip to use SPF 30 in the summer. It certainly works for me and I have fair skin. Great vintage photos.

    ReplyDelete