Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Knitwear Wednesday

Well my computer issues still haven’t been fixed so you’ll have to settle for more iPhone pictures and sub-par formatting!

This week’s knitting post is a sneak peak about something that I am currently working on and have always wanted to do… create my own custom pattern along with instructions and chart! For my first real pattern I decided on a dog sweater for little C.B. and eventually Pierre so that I could have two different sizes available (XS and S). C.B.’s sweater, a gray cable knit, is finished. I have already made a rough draft of the pattern and chart and I will be working off of it while I tweak a few things here and there to accommodate for a larger size that will fit Pierre. These sweaters knit up very fast and are perfect for using up leftover yarn.

C.B. stays warm and cozy in his custom made cable knit sweater:)

This weekend I had a chance to start on Pierre’s sweater while I was snuggled up inside and hiding from the ice storm. This is the same design but slightly larger (and in navy!). There will be a detailed pattern with more pictures coming soon!


2 comments:

  1. Pics are good and C.B. does look warm! As always, you did a great job knitting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sweater is very easy to put on the pooches too. Great design!

    ReplyDelete