Search This Blog

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Christmas catch-up

This year I was lucky enough to have 4 Christmases! This is a very brief overview of the fun, there will be more to come about specific events so keep tuned if you're interested.


On December 23 the fiancĂ© and I scooped up the dogs and made our way to Cleveland for Christmas #1 with his family. Sadly, we don’t have many photos because we were much too busy eating delicious food and opening wonderful presents.
We started out the holiday by heading to Severance Hall for the Cleveland Orchestra Christmas show. It was quite fun and festive. The Hall was finished in the early 1930’s and has a gorgeous art deco look.

A few short days later we left the dogs with Brent’s family and boarded the plane for Las Cruces, New Mexico for Christmas #2 with my family. We had such fun with hikes through the mountains, delicious dinners, and girly shopping!






Everyone seemed to enjoy the 3D puppies book that Brent and I got for Kelly:)





Before we knew it we were on our way to Keystone Heights, Florida for Christmas #3/New Years with my mother’s side of the family. Unfortunately, Brent had to fly home to be back for a med school class soon after the New Year. It was so fantastic to see my extended family again! Everyone is just so warm and caring and fun! The lake house we stayed in was absolutely charming, surrounded by large trees covered in Spanish moss and decks leading out to a picturesque lake. We mostly relaxed, caught up with everyone, and ate! I also enjoyed a morning jog with my sister that felt great and allowed us to take in the scenery along with the warm Florida sun.



First thing in the morning




Sunset



My cousin's little boy, Alex, fishing



On New Years Day my parents, sister and I piled in the car for a 2.5 hour ride to Walt Disney World! (more on that later but a tiny preview pic below)


(Just for the record, I did NOT intentionally mean to wear matching red and black)


And last but most certainly not least is Christmas #4 in Cincinnati. My sister, Nic, and Rocko came down for a busy weekend that included holiday festivities, a party for Sue and John (our dear friends in town briefly from Colorado), and a bridal shower!



Whew! it has really been a jam-packed holiday season! As much as I truly enjoyed myself, I suppose it will be nice to get back into the swing of things. I hope everyone else is still basking in the warm holiday glow. What sorts of things are you keeping busy with?

2 comments:

  1. My husband and I enjoyed celebrating two Christmases (one in Las Cruces and the other in Florida) with our daughters Lindsay and Kelly. Thanks for posting pics about our wonderful time together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pic of the Mousekateers!

    ReplyDelete