Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Cabled Headband with Twisted Cord Ties

I made this little cabled headband for my soon to be sister-in-law. The pictures were taken in a hurry on my iPhone camera and don't quite do justice but you can get the idea.


Pattern notes: the cable section is standard and easy enough but the edges or selvage were a bit odd for me which made that part of the instructions hard to follow. Once I got the hang of it, things made sense and it is actually a quite clever pattern. This section not only forms a solid edge that won't curl but also makes a decorative zigzag pattern.



The cord ties make the headband adjustable which is nice as knitted items tend to stretch with time.

Well the weather is cold and dreary here and I try to keep reminding myself that it is perfect knitting weather! I'm currently deciding what my next project will be. Any ideas?

2 comments:

  1. Your knitting skills are quite ridiculous. In a good way, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job with the design and knitting of this headband. You are talented!

    ReplyDelete