Search This Blog

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Eggnog Frosted Nutmeg Sugar Cookies


I wanted to share this fun festive recipe that I found. The cookies bake up nicely and you can really taste the nutmeg and vanilla but they aren’t sweet. The icing makes the cookie though! I’m not usually much of an icing person but I have to admit these cookies are vastly improved upon by the addition of the eggnog icing with a sprinkling of coarse sugar. You can really taste the eggnog flavor and it also adds just the right amount of sweetness. They aren’t too rich, but quite lovely especially with coffee or tea (or eggnog if you’re feeling indulgent).

For some reason my hyperlinks won't work so please click for a link to the recipe:
http://www.recipe.com/eggnog-frosted-nutmeg-sugar-cookies/

For reference, I used vanilla bourbon extract instead of real vanilla bean and Horizon reduced fat eggnog. I bet adding some rum, whiskey or brandy to the icing would be delicious!

I hope everyone is getting ready for the holidays, I know I can’t wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment