Search This Blog

Thursday, October 20, 2011

A few things to look forward to:

Aside from the usual autumn-time excitement that I enjoy every year (fall foliage, pumpkin everything, approaching holidays, etc..) there are a few items that I'm patiently awaiting this season:

A Very She and Him Christmas Album
You can preview the first track (Christmas Waltz) on the website. I have already pre-ordered the CD and I am really looking forward to hearing M. Ward and Zooey Deschanel cover my favorite holiday songs.

She and Him Volume I and II are a music necessity for me. These albums are the perfect solution when I'm feeling down and need a pick me up. Zooey's voice is enchanting and there is a genuine honesty about the presentation of the songs.


The Nerdist Way by Chris Hardwick

I have such a blast listening to the Nerdist Podcast and often find myself laughing out loud in the middle of a quiet office at work... embarassing but fun. Not only do they manage to interview ALL of my favorites (some examples: Joel McHale and Community et al, Rob Zombie, THE MUPPETS!, Zooey Deschanel, Tom Lennon, MST3K/Rifftrax guys, John Hamm... the list goes on) but the episodes with only the hosts are fantastic as well.

The show keeps me interested for a couple of different reasons. First and foremost, the hosts (Chris, Jonah and Matt) are hilarious but they are down to earth and listening to them chat is like sitting in on a conversation with some good friends. Secondly, their guests are usually really amazing and have so many wonderful things to say. Not only is it funny but there are also some truly inspirational episodes (Tom Wilson and Rainn Wilson episodes for me in particular... weird... same last name - never noticed that before).

All that being said, I am planning on pre-ordering this book (out on November 1). Sometimes I have too many projects, thoughts, inspirations, and ideas but I don't know how to harness them into a finished thing. From what I've read, this book focuses on just that - using your inner nerd qualities to funnel your energy into something positive.


A visit from my parents!!


I am lucky enough to get an early holiday visit from my mom and dad all the way from New Mexico!! They will only be here for 3 days but I couldn't be more excited to see them. They will be staying at the lovely Clifton House which is always stocked with Ghirardelli Dark Chocolate brownies and wine:)



Well, wish me luck, I'm off an a camping adventure for the weekend at the Red River Gorge. I'm a bit nervous as I am NOT the camping type. I'm giving it a try though... my fiance loves the wilderness and all:) Despite my lack camping skills, it should be a fun time. Brent and I and the doggies (yes... there are two now... expect a post on that later) are meeting some friends and the weather should be a tad chilly but sunny and dry. We checked the fall foliage maps and right now eastern Kentucky is "near peak" which means the autumn colors should be brilliant:

... I've never been to the gorge before. Brent claims it's absolutely gorge-ous though:) Personally I'm looking forward to some relaxation by the fire and some nice long hikes (also smores...)

No comments:

Post a Comment