Search This Blog

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Maple Pecan Muffins

This week I tried a new recipe from my favorite cookbook. These Maple Pecan Muffins turned out delicious and were quick to whip up. They were a hit at the party at work!


This recipe is almost exactly the same as the Banana Cinnamon Muffins that I've posted about before. The only difference in ingredients is using maple syrup and pecans instead of cinnamon and bananas.

Start by sifting together:
- 2 2/3 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder

As a tip, I always sift the flour before I measure it and then sift all the dry ingredients twice (three times if it is heavily spiced like spice cookies, gingerbread, etc).


Then put 1 1/2 cup buttermilk, 1 egg, and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla in a bowl and mix. Slowly pour in the flour mixture and beat until just incorporated.

Pour in 5 tablespoons unsalted butter (melted) and mix in. Now stir in your maple syrup (half of 3/4 cup of your favorite maple syrup... you will use the other half later).

Finally, mix in about 1 2/3 cup of crushed pecans by hand.


This is the maple syrup that I used, the "real stuff" as my fiance says!


Line your muffin pan with paper cups and pour in the batter until about 2/3 full. Then drizzle your remaining maple syrup over the tap and place a pecan half in the center.

Cook in a preheated 325 degree oven for 20-30 minutes or until golden and a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean.

I was really happy with these little delights and will certainly be making them again!

I hope everyone had a pleasant weekend. The Shiny and the Spoon CD release party was a blast, there will be a few pics this week. I spent the rest of the weekend running errands but got a chance to knit and have a scrumptious dinner with Dr. Fiance today. I also got a gorgeous blue dress that looks like it was made probably in the early 60s! Pictures to come :)

No comments:

Post a Comment