Search This Blog

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Disney Break

I've pulled some really fun links to share about Disney parks and news. I hope you enjoy them as much as I did! Eventually, I would love to scan some images from my 1964 Disney Land souvenir book as well.


The Tiki Room Renovation
The World According to Jack The Enchanted Tiki Room: A Look Back
The Tiki Room has recently been renovated in Walt Disney World. This attraction is no longer under "new management" but has been somewhat restored to the original. Read the fantastic blog article to see the history of this classic attraction. Also, take a look at his article on the refurbishment.



Horizons Pavilion (previously located in Epcot park)
A video featured in the old Horizons ride: "Magic Highway USA"
The Horizons attraction closed in 1999 but it always reminded me of Jules Verne's 1960s-esque version of the future. The link above will take you to a youtube video with the last few minutes of "Magin Highway USA", a cartoon from 1958 featured in Horizons.




It's the Muppets!!
OK GO and the Muppets: Muppet theme song video Link
The Muppets and I go way back, I grew up loving the Muppet Show, the movies, Muppet babies, and all things Jim Henson. I'm pretty sure it can all be traced back to my first experience with them at Muppet Vision 3D in MGM Studios. To this day I believe this attraction to be one of the most innovative, hilarious, entertaining, and fun of all the shows.

To explain the link a bit better, the Muppets have a new movie coming out (hooray) and have just released a new CD of amazing bands covering some of the classic songs. The video link above will take you to OK GO's version of the theme song... the Muppets + OK GO = unbelievable!




Club 33
Take a look inside the mysterious Club 33
I only heard about this recently during a visit to Disney Land last summer when Corinne let me in on the secret. This article takes you inside the infamous Club 33.




Tea Time at the Grand Floridian
For a fun alternative to the parks, have a lovely Afternoon Tea at the Grand Floridian
This is a fun article on the tea time offered at the Grand Floridian. It's a great idea for an alternative to the parks.


In case you didn't already know, I've been a bit of a nut for all things Disney every since I was a little mouse:

Boy did I love that Snow White dress:


Hope everyone is looking forward to the weekend, I know I am!

3 comments:

  1. UUUUUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHMMMMMMMMMMMMMM...
    Did you write this post just for me? I mean, like, no big deal or anything. I GUESS it was kind of interesting, if you are into that sort of thing... WHICHIAM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uh yes I certainly did:) Also... I know... CLUB 33?!?

    ReplyDelete