Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

A Quick Update..

I have had a lot fun visitors and events going on for the past few weeks but things are slowing down now, here's a quick recap on some things!


My lovely, smart, and talented sister is leaving us for Chicago (tears...) We had a going away party for her last weekend and it gave us the opportunity to see lots family and friends.



We decided on the Grande Finale restaurant for the occasion and it was like eye candy all afternoon long! There were wonderful antiques everywhere, art nouveau paintings hanging on the wall, and the chairs/tables were all mixed and matched dark grain wood. Just lovely!


My parents were in from New Mexico for a few days, it was such a treat to have them here!


Here is the clan plus our (extremely tall) significant others.

As far as the food goes, it was delicious! The only choice was brunch buffet but I really enjoyed all of the selections. Plenty of fruits, vegetarian options, and mimosas:)


We had another tasting party last week for Brandy and Cognac. This is my personal favorite so I really enjoyed the event. I brought the Landy Cognac and it was #2 on my blind taste-testing list!


Pierre has had such a fun time with all of the visitors and excitement but now he's just trying to beat the heat and stay cool during these terribly humid days we've been having.


In other news, I've really been enjoying The Nerdist podcast lately! The hosts are hilarious and they have such a wonderful guest line up. So far my favorites have been interviews with Zooey Deschanel, Joel McHale, Rob Zombie, Rain Wilson, Andy Samberg, OK GO, and my ultimate favorite.... THE MUPPETS!!!! I highly suggest taking a listen, the podcasts are always entertaining.

Also, I'm trying to get creative/crafty/adventurous to really enjoy the last half of my summer.
What are you doing to enjoy the lazy hazy days of summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment