Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Bon Voyage

I was lucky enough to squeeze in one last FANTASTIC night on the town with my sister before she left for Chicago this weekend.

The first stop was dinner at the Bistro where we had some mouth watering eats and a dash of wine.

Ignore our demon-like red eyes, I didn't feel like fussing with photoshop...






Brent and Nic both ordered the Bistro Burger: "local maple candied back and aged Grafton farms white cheddar" and duck-fat fries, apparently it was the best burger either of them had ever eaten. They were feeling a bit full after dinner but were very happy with their "burger baby" protuding bellies.

If you live in the Cincinnati area and haven't tried The Bistro yet, I would highly recommend it. I have been there 3 times and each dining experience is just phenomenal!






Later we made our way to Japps, a bar that opened (or reopened?) relatively recently. The bartenders are very skilled and a mixed drink is the thing to order here!

From left to right:

Pre-prohibition old fashioned (Brent), French 75 (moi), gin martini (Kelly), Compari on the rocks (Nic)


Factoid (and yes I always push imaginary glasses back into their place on my nose when I say that) about old fashioned's: apparently a "pre-prohibition" old fashioned doesn't have any of the fruit. They became popular again in the late 50's/early 60's and cherries with an orange slice was added to the cocktail.




Next up was a stop at MOTR and it was SO HOT inside... ughhh. There was good music and good friends however so it was worth it.After lots of packing and moving in the HEAT, Kelly was on her way to Chicago on Sunday. I miss her so much but couldn't be happier for my sister.



Well as usual, it's only Wednesday and I'm already daydreaming about the upcoming weekend. Ted Leo and the Pharmacists will be playing at Fountain Square on Friday and I am just hoping it isn't unbearably hot.






I've also wanted to catch up on some DVD's... MadMen and Dr. Who to be specific. Let's hope Netflix is ready for me! I also wanted to catch up on some sewing projects and attempt to knit (though it's just not as fun in the summer time...)

No comments:

Post a Comment