Search This Blog

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Almond Spice Cookies

I have never been one to "invent" my own recipes, I generally feel that I need to follow each measurement, ingredient, and direction precisely or I will fail my organic chemistry lab... I mean... or the cookies won't turn out correctly.

My apartment-mates and I had a scotch tasting a few weeks ago and I really wanted to make something yummy that would somewhat go with the liquor.

Using my lovely new Kitchenaid, I decided to do my own take on the Dita's Spiced Mice Recipe.


I crushed up about 1/2 cup of raw unsalted almonds and added the majority of the bits into the cookie dough and saved the rest for garnish.





You can see how nicely the dough blends with the almonds, making a sandy consistency. I also switched up the spices a bit (added hazelnut and cloves, took out cinnamon).





Then I rolled the cookies into a ball and dipped them in the almond bits and into the oven








And they turned out wonderful! I just love almond flavor and they added some crunch to the cookies as well. They also went very well with the scotch :)

I suppose I can hardly call this "my recipe" but it was fun to take a walk on the wild side and switch around a few things. Contrary to my worries, the oven did not explode!

What sorts of things are you doing to keep yourself busy?










No comments:

Post a Comment