Search This Blog

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Garden Expo


A few weeks ago, my fiance and I went up to Cleveland to visit his parents and they took us to the Home and Garden Expo. I don't normally go to events like this but it was so much fun that I am going to be keeping my eye out for other expo's to come!


The "home" part of the expo was really neat but the "garden" part was by far my favorite. There were about 20 different walk-through gardens based on differeny movie themes - what a wonderful idea!! Although I was impressed by all of them, I only took pictures of my two favorites:



The Edward Scissorhands garden was by far the best, it really made me feel transported into another world.


The gardeners (of course) made lots of animal shrubs just like in the movie.




The best part was near the end where there was a little room with all sorts of nick-knacks from the movie. I was looking so long I started to hold up the line behind me!

And my other favorite was the garden based off of Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland. I realize that not only are my 2 pictured gardens based on movie's starring Johnny Depp, but they are also Tim Burton. I think that has to do with the fact that his movies are so whimsical and when reproduced into real-life, they can really look like a fantasy come true.


Looking down the garden. This was absolutely gorgeous but I just couldn't get a great picture.


Doesn't this make you want to sit down to a cup of tea in a magical garden?


Brent and I took a spin on the indoor ferris wheel after our gardening adventure.






Here is the view of all the kiosks and stands.











No comments:

Post a Comment