Search This Blog

Monday, October 25, 2010

Blueberry Cake

One last summery treat before the long, long winter: Blueberry cake!


I got the recipe from my favorite, the Hummingbird Cookbook. I did modify it just a bit. I omitted 1/2 a cup of sugar and an entire stick of butter!

I love using my "Heritage Bunt" from Williams Sonoma. It makes the final product look so fancy!
The recipe calls for fresh blueberries but they weren't in season here and I couldn't find them anywhere. Sadly, I had to use frozen blueberries but they got the job done.


I was very happy with the final product, definitely did NOT need three sticks of butter! I do prefer my sweets a bit less sweet and creamy though.
I am getting forward to more fall cooking (I've already made 4 pumpkin pies)!





No comments:

Post a Comment