Search This Blog

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Autumn Delights and LaPoste

This weekend was so lovely! It was perfect weather plus a touch of fall was in the air. After work on Friday, the fiance and I took Pierre for a walk and enjoyed the sights:





















We then stopped into our favorite shop, Ludlow Wines. Whenever we can, we love to do either the beer or wine tasting. Friday was wine and quite a delicious line up! I bought a petite verdot from Kinkade Ridge (the only one in the shop!)




Then we headed to our main event... dinner at La Poste. This is a brand new restaurant right on Ludlow and it has been packed since its opening this past Monday. We had reservations but I was still nervous there would be quite a wait.

Well we didn't have to wait at all! Our entire experience there was absolutely fantastic. The staff paid us so much attention, we felt like royalty. They even have a sommelier (wine expert) who helped us choose the perfect bottle of wine. The meal starts with a COMPLIMENTARY artichoke tempenade with crustini. Yum. Then the waitress brought us a warm and fresh 1/2 baguette. For the entree I got grilled salmon and Brent got the lambshank. It was so good that I actually cleared the plate! I even used the bread to soak up the last bits. Delicious.

I am so excited that we have such a classy establishment right on our street. It even has a wine room for small parties and a full bar if you would fancy stopping by just for a drink. Great atmosphere, great food, great staff. What more could you ask for??

I hope everyone is enjoying their weekends. I am off to run errands - whew the weekend goes by too fast!



No comments:

Post a Comment