Search This Blog

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Pecan Pie

I still have 2 more days to go in the California Road trip but thought I'd take a little break with some baking:

With an ample supply of delicious pecans straight from New Mexico, I made this pecan pie using a recipe from The Hummingbird Bakery Cookbook.

I used the same pie crust recipe as always, it held up pretty well in the refrigerator for two days before I actually made the pie.

This was my first attempt at pecan pie and it was a bit intimidating but to be honest, when I put everything together it was incredibly easy.

Here it is all ready to go in the over for 50-60 minutes. I opted for 2 rows of pecan halves.



Brent was helping.

Here it is right out of the oven. It smelled great! I just love the color of pecan pies.

MMM.... the best part - eating! It was pretty good.


So don't be nervous about trying a pecan pie, it was much easier than expected. There aren't many ingredients and other than the crust, the prep is very minimal. Let me know if you want the recipe!

1 comment:

  1. pecan allergy aside, this looks delicious! just like my gramma used to make!

    ReplyDelete