Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

California Road Trip Day 7: San Francisco

We woke up mid-morning and said goodbye to Garrett and San Jose. Then it was off to San Francisco.

The traffic was a bit packed on the bridge but luckily we were about to trade in the rental car for public transportation.

One of the first places we stopped was Boudin's Bakery. Yum. They are famous for their sourdough bread. As you can see in the picture, they make it into all sorts of fun shapes (lobster, fish, alligator, anything!). It smelled so delicious and there were conveyor belts full of breads and baked goodies going all over the place. What a fun idea!




Brent and I were basking in the glow of heavenly fresh breads.





While everyone else was looking out at the pier, I snuck off and found this vintage arcade. I only made it in for about 10 minutes before someone yelled at me and kicked me out for having a latte in my hand. Oh well... it was fun while it lasted.




There were all sorts of attractions at the vintage arcade, one thing I loved were the dioramas that put on a little show when you inserted the coin.




We took a walk on the pier and enjoyed the boats





and the crazies that were swimming (it was about 55-60 degrees out)



and alcatraz





Look at this fun little boat!



The carousel at the pier near our hotel.


We grabbed some delicious seafood from Neptune's, this was the view.


lots-o-sea lions outside of the pier. They look warm

My mom and dad - I love this picture!



Travel Tips:


Have fun with the nautical theme in San Francisco! I was so happy that I brought along a cable knitted heavy sweater with anchors and rope accents. It kept me warm and let me feel like a seaworthy tourist.

There's only one day left for the California trip. After that I've got some more fun things in store like a few knitting projects, beer review, baking, and wedding planning/headaches!

1 comment: