Search This Blog

Sunday, August 15, 2010

California Roadtrip Day 1: LA and Trish!

Brent and I flew into LA around 5:30 and were supposed to meet Trish for dinner in Glendale at 7:30. Let's just say we were welcomed to some brutal LA traffic and despite our best efforts, we were over an hour late!

I was so flustered and in such a hurry this first day that I forgot to take any pictures (not to mention the camera was buried somewhere in one of my bags.


Here's a link to the delish restaurant where we had dinner:
Frida Restaurant in Glendale, CA

When we finally made it to meet Trish at the Americana Mall in Glendale, she was there with her beau, Troy. It was so fantastic to see her again and to meet her man! We had so much to catch up on that I hardly had time to eat... but I did eat, don't get me wrong. I got the Salmon a la diablo. So delicious!
After dinner we had to say our goodbyes and we drove down to Anaheim where we met with my wonderful friend Corinne and we had a nightcap in preparation for Disneyland the next day!


Travel Tips


One of my favorite things about vintage lifestyle is the fact that everyone looked glamorous doing just about everything... including traveling! It makes sense really, you are usually on your way to meet someone you haven't seen in a while and, let's face it, it just makes trips more fun.


If you're going to be traveling a long way and will be attempting to get some shut eye, think about your hair. I love updo's but these aren't going to work for a couple of reasons. You're not going to be comfortable with bobby pins sticking into your head which means you won't be able to sleep. Secondly, you're going to mess up the updo! I like to wear my hair down for traveling or maybe just the sides pulled out of the way but make sure the back of your hair is loose, it will be much more comfortable and look better when you arrive without the effort.

As far as clothing goes, you need to take comfort into account as well. I was traveling by plane during a hot season so I wanted to be cool when outside but avoid freezing during the flight. I opted for a faded plum and white plaid cotton frock. Great on it's own when you're in the heat and looks nice with a sweater or wrap in the AC. I paired with some Roman Holiday inspired low heel wedges that are good for walking.


Up next:
Day 2 is our first full day in California. Corinne, Brent, and I will be heading to Disneyland! As a very devoted Disney World enthusiast, I had to set aside an entire day during our jam-packed trip to see Disneyland for the first time. 

2 comments:

  1. OMG. I'm so excited for your Cali posts. Especially because I already know how it ends!!!

    P.S. I can't believe you didn't take any pics with TrishPattyPat! (She's, like, totally famous, you know.) I wish I could have been there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know - I actually googled Trish's name and one of her head shots came up! I couldn't get it to upload for some reason :(

    ReplyDelete