Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Viva la poncho!

Whew - what a project this was! I made this poncho as a wedding present for my dear friend Suzie. We were looking through patterns together and she fell in love with this design so I decided to knit it in secret (which was VERY challenging) and surprise her.

The pattern itself wasn't all that complicated, it required 2 different sizes of needles in the round and alternating colors (somewhat reminded me of Intarsia or fair isle knitting). The yarn I picked was extremely fancy (a blend of mohair) but it was SO THIN! It created a lovely look and lays nicely but it took me forever to knit especially near the end.

Anyhow, I'm very happy with the way it turned out and Suzie says it fits perfectly and will be great for her move out to Colorado (I'll miss you Sue!).

Well I can't mention the wedding gift without a mention of her wedding which was absolutely a blast! She couldn't have picked a better day - it was about 75-80 and sunny. She put it all together her self and even made her own wedding cake!

The toppers were old salt and pepper shakers that she already had. Very perfect that they are chihuahua's because she's got a little one of her own.

Can you believe this cake?!? It was absolutely gorgeous and tasted delicious too. Each tier was a different flavor: mocha spice cake, key lime cake, raspberry cream cheese, and coffee cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment