Search This Blog

Friday, July 23, 2010

Butternut Squash Bread

Brent's parent's left us with A LOT of butternut squash from their garden. This is such a yummy veggie but you don't really hear too much about it. I decided that if you can make zucchini or pumpkin bread, you can also make Butternut Squash bread....







First I made a butternut squash puree which involved cooking the squash, scraping out the pulp, and blending in a food processor.


Included in the dry ingredients are a whole bunch of yummy spices (nutmeg, cinnamon, cloves, allspice, ginger). I always sift at least three times when the recipe focuses on spices, I find it really distributes the flavors evenly.






I found the recipe here. Apparently you can substitute pumpkin for the squash as well! You can use any nut you want (or not any) but I opted for walnut.





It turned out very delicious and not dry at all - I can't wait to try this with pumpkin. I'm very excited for the fall and all the pumpkin flavored goodies. Most likely I'll omit the nuts for the pumpkin bread.
What are you excited about for the autumn season?

No comments:

Post a Comment